Useful internet information
IP address allocation organisations:
If you need an IP address block, please contact your internet service provider (ISP). IP addresses allocated to the RESTENA Foundation are reserved for the RESTENA community (education and research), directly connected to the RESTENA spine.
For further information on this subject:
- Europe: European IP networks, RIPE NCC.
- Americas: American Registry for Internet Numbers, ARIN.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia Pacific Network Information centre, APNIC.
- Council of European National Top-Level Domain Registries, CENTR.
- The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, ICANN.
- Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).
Security advice and information:
- Security portal of the Luxembourg Ministry of Economy and External Trade, CASES.
- Luxembourg project managed through a consortium, made up of parties from both the public and private sectors, for promotion of safer use of the internet, specifically designed for young people Bee-secure.
- European Commission giving advice for safer internet use, Safer Internet.
- American government website giving security advice, OnGuard Online.
- American government website giving tips on computer and internet-related problems, Cert Advisories.
- German government administration in charge of information technologies security matters, Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik, BSI.
- German government website providing useful information about internet and computer threats, Bürger CERT.
- Belgian anti-spam website, Spam Squad.
- Further information on phishing and pharming, Wikipedia.
- Domain online management
- List of registrars
- Classic Registration
- Domain name holder dispute
- Domain name policy
- Check Nameserver
- Change registrar
Restriction regarding the registration of certain domain names which have been temporarily blocked has been abolished
New provisions relating to the possibility to request a dispute entry for .lu domain names