Domain name Holder´s FAQ
- General information
- What is the RESTENA Foundation?
- What is DNS-LU?
- What is a domain name?
- Do I need to be resident in Luxembourg to register a domain name?
- What rules apply to .lu domain names?
- Are there any restrictions when choosing the name?
- Are there any names that are never allocated?
- What is a registrar ?
- What are the advantages of registering through a registrar?
What is the minimum information required for registering a domain name?
As a minimum, the domain name holder, the administrative contact responsible for managing the domain name and representing the holder and the billing contact must be indicated.
The holder often needs a technical contact to deal with the technical aspects of the domain name, particular where this is active.
The holder and its contacts may, in principle, be different people or represented by the same legal entity or natural person. There are no set rules on this and you should contact your usual registrar for further information. Contacts do not need to have an address in Luxembourg.
If the domain name is managed via the online platform my.lu, the person managing the domain names account is known as the manager. The manager may be someone who is performing one or more of the aforementioned roles or a different person.
- How many domain names can be registered? Is there any discount?
- How much does a domain name cost?
- How long does a domain name last (length of subscription period)?
- Can I “reserve” a domain name?
- What do I need to do to be able to use a domain name?
- What is a name server?
- What is an active domain name?
- What is an inactive domain name?
- What details are published and why?
- Registering a domain name
- The migration of domain names registered with DNS-LU to the online platform my.lu
- IDN domain names
- Invoicing and payment
- Domain name management and data maintenance
- Change your registrar
- Change of registrant (holder)
- Problems and solutions
- Domain names' disputes
- Other questions and comments
- Domain online management
- List of registrars
- Classic Registration
- Domain name holder dispute
- Domain name policy
- Check Nameserver
- Change registrar
Restriction regarding the registration of certain domain names which have been temporarily blocked has been abolished
New provisions relating to the possibility to request a dispute entry for .lu domain names