Domain name Holder´s FAQ
- General information
- What is the RESTENA Foundation?
- What is DNS-LU?
- What is a domain name?
- Do I need to be resident in Luxembourg to register a domain name?
- What rules apply to .lu domain names?
- Are there any restrictions when choosing the name?
- Are there any names that are never allocated?
- What is a registrar ?
- What are the advantages of registering through a registrar?
- What is the minimum information required for registering a domain name?
- How many domain names can be registered? Is there any discount?
- How much does a domain name cost?
- How long does a domain name last (length of subscription period)?
- Can I “reserve” a domain name?
- What do I need to do to be able to use a domain name?
- What is a name server?
- What is an active domain name?
- What is an inactive domain name?
What details are published and why?
The name and address of the registrant are published together with the administrative contact and the registrar responsible for management of the name in question. This information is supplied by the applicant/manager and is therefore available through the WHOIS service where it can be consulted by any internet user. In accordance with international rules, this information must be published to ensure that the internet runs smoothly.
- Registering a domain name
- The migration of domain names registered with DNS-LU to the online platform my.lu
- IDN domain names
- Invoicing and payment
- Domain name management and data maintenance
- Change your registrar
- Change of registrant (holder)
- Problems and solutions
- Domain names' disputes
- Other questions and comments
- Domain online management
- List of registrars
- Classic Registration
- Domain name holder dispute
- Domain name policy
- Check Nameserver
- Change registrar
Restriction regarding the registration of certain domain names which have been temporarily blocked has been abolished
New provisions relating to the possibility to request a dispute entry for .lu domain names