Domain name Holder´s FAQ
- General information
- What is the RESTENA Foundation?
- What is DNS-LU?
- What is a domain name?
- Do I need to be resident in Luxembourg to register a domain name?
What rules apply to .lu domain names?
Any person applying for a domain name must comply with the Domain Name Charter, which lays down the general registration policy for .lu domain names. The full text of the Domain Name Charter is available on the dns.lu website. Before registering a domain name, we recommend that the applicant checks that no third party rights are infringed. At the time of registration, registrants confirm their entitlement to the requested domain name and DNS-LU will not carry out any checks.
If the name is registered directly with DNS-LU, the Conditions of Service, which describe their registration and management procedures, must also be adhered to.
Where domain names are registered through a registrar other than DNS-LU, you should contact the registrar regarding its own terms and conditions, which may differ from those of DNS-LU.
- Are there any restrictions when choosing the name?
- Are there any names that are never allocated?
- What is a registrar ?
- What are the advantages of registering through a registrar?
- What is the minimum information required for registering a domain name?
- How many domain names can be registered? Is there any discount?
- How much does a domain name cost?
- How long does a domain name last (length of subscription period)?
- Can I “reserve” a domain name?
- What do I need to do to be able to use a domain name?
- What is a name server?
- What is an active domain name?
- What is an inactive domain name?
- What details are published and why?
- Registering a domain name
- The migration of domain names registered with DNS-LU to the online platform my.lu
- IDN domain names
- Invoicing and payment
- Domain name management and data maintenance
- Change your registrar
- Change of registrant (holder)
- Problems and solutions
- Domain names' disputes
- Other questions and comments
- Domain online management
- List of registrars
- Classic Registration
- Domain name holder dispute
- Domain name policy
- Check Nameserver
- Change registrar
Please be advised that our offices have moved to following address:
Maison du Savoir
2, avenue de l’Université
Our phone and facsimile numbers remained unchanged.