Domain name Holder´s FAQ
- General information
- What is the RESTENA Foundation?
- What is DNS-LU?
- What is a domain name?
- Do I need to be resident in Luxembourg to register a domain name?
- What rules apply to .lu domain names?
- Are there any restrictions when choosing the name?
- Are there any names that are never allocated?
What is a registrar ?
Since the end of 2006, DNS-LU has been responsible for accrediting legal entities and natural persons as registration agents (registrars). The registrar is involved in the administrative procedure by registering and renewing domain names with DNS-LU, in the name of its customers but on its own behalf.
Registrars must have the technical resources and competence necessary to carry out the administrative procedure for registration of .lu domain names.
- What are the advantages of registering through a registrar?
- What is the minimum information required for registering a domain name?
- How many domain names can be registered? Is there any discount?
- How much does a domain name cost?
- How long does a domain name last (length of subscription period)?
- Can I “reserve” a domain name?
- What do I need to do to be able to use a domain name?
- What is a name server?
- What is an active domain name?
- What is an inactive domain name?
- What details are published and why?
- Registering a domain name
- The migration of domain names registered with DNS-LU to the online platform my.lu
- IDN domain names
- Invoicing and payment
- Domain name management and data maintenance
- Change your registrar
- Change of registrant (holder)
- Problems and solutions
- Domain names' disputes
- Other questions and comments
- Domain online management
- List of registrars
- Classic Registration
- Domain name holder dispute
- Domain name policy
- Check Nameserver
- Change registrar
Please be advised that our offices have moved to following address:
Maison du Savoir
2, avenue de l’Université
Our phone and facsimile numbers remained unchanged.