Domain name Holder´s FAQ
- General information
- Registering a domain name
- The migration of domain names registered with DNS-LU to the online platform my.lu
- IDN domain names
- Invoicing and payment
- Domain name management and data maintenance
- Managing a domain name
- Changing domain name contacts
- Configuring a domain name
- Can a domain name be registered without a server name?
- Activating a domain name
Testing whether name servers are configured correctly
Name server configuration is checked at the time of registration in order to reduce the number of domain names causing technical problems. The test can also be done afterwards to check that the name servers of a registered domain name can still be contacted and are still correctly configured. Various different criteria are checked. First of all, name servers must be contactable. They must then respond correctly for the domain name. In addition, DNS-LU requires at least two separate name servers to improve contactability.
To see what is checked during testing and how the results are assessed, use the name server test on the dns website. The outcome of the test and various other details are displayed for the domain name in question.
- Changing server names: change of service provider
- Is there a domain name cancellation time?
- Deleting a domain name
- What is quarantine?
- Restoring a domain name
- Change your registrar
- Change of registrant (holder)
- Problems and solutions
- Domain names' disputes
- Other questions and comments
- Domain online management
- List of registrars
- Classic Registration
- IDN domain names
- Domain name policy
- Check Nameserver
- Change registrar
Restriction regarding the registration of certain domain names which have been temporarily blocked will be abolished
New provisions relating to the possibility to request a dispute entry for .lu domain names