Domain name Holder´s FAQ
- General information
- Registering a domain name
- The migration of domain names registered with DNS-LU to the online platform my.lu
- IDN domain names
- Invoicing and payment
- Chargeable operations and fees
- To whom is the invoice sent and what information is included on the invoice?
- How can I find out who is registered as the billing contact?
- Who must pay the invoice?
- How can payment be made?
- What credit cards can I pay with?
- How do I find out if there are any outstanding invoices for domain names?
- Payment deadlines
- What happens if payment is not made?
- The billing contact or manager does not pay
The billing address is incorrect
If the domain name is managed using the DNS-LU classic procedure and the billing address is incorrect, a modification request or a billing contact replacement request should be submitted. This request should use the standard form and be signed by the administrative contact.
For domain names managed through the online platform my.lu, the manager can look up the billing contact details on file for the domain names in question. If this information is no longer correct, it must be updated. In this case, another billing contact must be assigned to these domain names or the contact details for the existing contact must be changed. The manager can change the billing contact details for his domain names in his user account. It must be added that only the manager can access the online platforme and thus procede to payments due, whereas the invoice has the address of the billing contact. However, any change will only apply to operations chargeable after the change has been made. New invoices cannot be raised retroactively.
If domain names are managed through a registrar other than DNS-LU, you should contact your usual registrar regarding the data modification procedure, which may vary from one registrar to another.
- Domain name management and data maintenance
- Change your registrar
- Change of registrant (holder)
- Problems and solutions
- Domain names' disputes
- Other questions and comments
- Domain online management
- List of registrars
- Classic Registration
- IDN domain names
- Domain name policy
- Check Nameserver
- Change registrar
Restriction regarding the registration of certain domain names which have been temporarily blocked will be abolished
New provisions relating to the possibility to request a dispute entry for .lu domain names