Domain name Holder´s FAQ
- General information
- Registering a domain name
How do I find out if a domain name is available?
To find out whether a domain name is still available, reserving the right to register it afterwards, the chosen domain name should be entered into the “Domain name availability whois” box. The result confirms that the domain name is either free or already registered. If it has already been registered, the domain name entry and information relating may be looked through the whois gateway. If it is free, you can then register the domain name you want using one of the registration methods available.
- How do I find out who is the holder of a domain name?
- How do I register a domain name?
- How do I find a registrar?
- The differences between management using the DNS-LU-online platform my.lu and classic registration.
- Who needs to sign the documents for classic registration with DNS-LU?
- How long does it take to register a domain name?
- How do I know if registration has been successful?
- Configuring the name for use
- How do I find an internet service provider/host?
- The contract with DNS-LU or other registration agent
- VAT-related questions
- How do I find out if a domain name is available?
- The migration of domain names registered with DNS-LU to the online platform my.lu
- IDN domain names
- Invoicing and payment
- Domain name management and data maintenance
- Change your registrar
- Change of registrant (holder)
- Problems and solutions
- Domain names' disputes
- Other questions and comments
- Domain online management
- List of registrars
- Classic Registration
- IDN domain names
- Domain name policy
- Check Nameserver
- Change registrar
Restriction regarding the registration of certain domain names which have been temporarily blocked will be abolished
New provisions relating to the possibility to request a dispute entry for .lu domain names