IDN domain names
The domain names were initially limited to ASCII characters. In order to remain compatible with older systems IDN domain names show up in two different ways, either with special characters (e.g. café.lu) or converted to ASCII (xn--caf-dma.lu for café.lu).
For more details on those two variants, please have a look at the FAQ.
The allowed character for IDN will be those necessary for Luxemburgish, French or German. Besides the currently accepted caracters (a-z, 0-9, - (hyphen)) these are:
- U+00E4 Latin small letter a with diaeresis (ä)
- U+00F6 Latin small letter o with diaeresis (ö)
- U+00FC Latin small letter u with diaeresis (ü)
- U+00E0 Latin small letter a with grave (à)
- U+00E2 Latin small letter a with circumflex (â)
- U+00E6 Latin small letter ae (æ)
- U+00E7 Latin small letter c with cedilla (ç)
- U+00E8 Latin small letter e with grave (è)
- U+00E9 Latin small letter e with acute (é)
- U+00EA Latin small letter e with circumflex (ê)
- U+00EB Latin small letter e with diaeresis (ë)
- U+00EE Latin small letter i with circumflex (î)
- U+00EF Latin small letter i with diaeresis (ï)
- U+00F4 Latin small letter o with circumflex (ô)
- U+00F9 Latin small letter u with grave (ù)
- U+00FB Latin small letter u with circumflex (û)
- U+0153 Latin small ligature oe (œ)
IDN sunrise period ended March 31st 2010.
- Domain online management
- List of registrars
- Classic Registration
- Domain name holder dispute
- Domain name policy
- Check Nameserver
- Change registrar
Please be advised that our offices have moved to following address:
Maison du Savoir
2, avenue de l’Université
Our phone and facsimile numbers remained unchanged.